IT Security News & Alerts
Recent Security Alerts
- May 5, FBI warns that fake bin Laden video is a virus
- April 4, Epsilon Breach Exposes Countless Consumers
Archived Security Alerts
- April 14, Fake "Conflicker.B Infection" Alert
- March 2, Hacker exploit for Windows XP using F1 key
- January 14, Tax Season and Disaster Relief Phishing Scams
- December 29, LANDesk Common Base Agent (CBA) Vulnerability
- December 15, "UPS/FEDEX" Virus Alert
- December 10, Adobe Flash Vulnerabilities
- December 7, Phishing Scam: "1 New Message Alert!"
- October 22, Text Message Scam
- September 23, Two Phishing Emails Sent to U of U Accounts
- August 5, Phishing Scam: "Utah notification"
- July 28, Phishing Scam: " ERROR CODE:32982"
- July 13, Critical Microsoft Office Web Components Vulnerability
- June 25, Celebrety deaths prompt malicious spam
- June 23, 2009 Phishing Scam: "Maintenance Notice"
- June 19, 2009 Phishing Scam: "Technical Service Unit"
- May 26, 2009 Phishing Scam: "Help Center"
- May 18, 2009 Phishing Scam: "Mailbox Quota Exceeded"
- May 11, 2009 Phishing Scam: "Confirm your account"
- April 13, 2009 Conficker virus contained
- April 10, 2009 Conficker Active Alert
- Clean Out Conficker: Home User Instructions
- Conficker worm has activated!
- March 17, 2009 - TransWest Credit Union Phishing Scam
- Common Telephone Scams
- January 2009 - Phishing scam: "Univeristy 4-Day Work Week Survey"
- December 2008 - Phishing Scam
- November 2008 - Scam targeting Qwest Business Customers
- June 2008 - A New Spear Phishing Email to U of U Addresses
- May 2008 - Recording Industry Intends to Sue Campus Members
- April 2008 - Spear Phishing Emails to U of U Addresses
2007 & older
- September 2007 - Storm Worm Advisory
- October 4, 2006 - Mobile Computing and IT Security
- September 2005 - Individual Responsibility for Information Security
- August 2005 - Beware of Phishing Scams
- June 2005 - Information Security
- July 2004 - Spam/Unsolicited Commercial Email (UCE) Flagging and Filtering
- March 2004 - Virus Alert
Archived Security News
Cyber Security Awareness Competition
The Department of Homeland Security is working with many organizations, both individually and through the National Cyber Security Alliance, to find ways of raising public awareness of cybersecurity. As we develop strategies and messages that will resonate with various groups, we want the benefit of your ideas on how you would get the word out to your colleagues, or your friends, or your parents and children. This competition will gather and share publicly the best, most creative ideas for making the public more cyber secure, cyber smart, and cyber assured.
Proposals are due by April 30, 2010.
For more information, see: http://www.dhs.gov/files/cyber-awareness-campaign.shtm